More Obama campaign digital coolness, from the candidate who not only knows how to use the Internet, but also has an iPhone. What’s exciting about this is that unlike the Facebook app, this iPhone app hasn’t been developed by the Obama campaign, but by Obama fanboys and girls.
Knowing the amount of time that a good iPhone app takes to develop, it’s really interesting to see that the Obama app has taken full advantage of the phone’s technology with some pretty exciting functionality.
- Call Friends – your mates are prioritised by key battleground states
- Call Stats – adds an interesting competitive element so you can see how your campaigning compares to others
- Get Involved – Find your local Obama HQ and have the ability to call / email them immediately
- Get Updates – pushed to your phone via SMS or email
- Local Events – use Google maps to find local events and directions and send them to your mates
Americans and non-Americans alike have developed a passion for politics and indeed change, that hasn’t been seen for a long time and applications like this one are the proof that Obamaniacs will do whatever they can to get their friends, family and colleagues registered to vote and on Obama’s side.